If you drive a stick shift, or an automatic, your transmission requires to be kept in good condition. It’s vital for accelerating, retaining your speed, and controlling your drive.
For taking care of your transmission, you should have your transmission fluid flushed and replaced routinely. How often is your transmission going to need maintenance? Rove-N-Techs has put together a list of 5 signs you need to change your transmission fluid, so vehicle owners in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area are going to know when to schedule an appointment at our service center.
Signs That Your Vehicle Needs a Transmission Flush
Whereas there are various kinds of transmissions, they all require to have adequate fluid levels to perform correctly. It’s also vital to stay with your maintenance schedule. Driving on old, overused fluid can also be damaging to your vehicle. Should you be driving on older fluid or don’t have enough in the engine, you might notice or hear some of the below warning signs:
Shifting Gear Difficulties
– When accelerating and hear your engine revving, but don’t notice your vehicle going any faster, your transmission is probably stuck in gear. Drivers that have manual transmissions are going to notice a little resistance when they attempt to shift. Being unable to shift is a direct effect of having low transmission fluid levels.
– On the other hand, slipping out of gear is another byproduct of having low transmission fluid levels. For instance, you might be maintaining your present speed, then unexpectedly notice your vehicle downshift or shifting into a higher gear.
Odd, Grinding Noises
– Because transmission fluid lubricates the parts of your transmission, you might hear some odd noises when you don’t have a proper amount. These typically sound like parts grinding against each other as soon as you shift.
– Should your vehicle unexpectedly lunge or surge forward, it might mean that your transmission fluid is dirty or polluted. These pollutants can hinder your transmission fluid’s flow.
– On a similar note, when you manually shift but the vehicle stalls for a couple of seconds prior to accelerating, your transmission fluid most likely needs to be flushed.
What Is Transmission Fluids Purpose?
A healthy transmission needs to be able to shift gears fast. Transmission fluid guarantees you can shift easily by lubricating your transmissions parts. It additionally cools them down, so you are not going to have to be concerned about your solenoid or clutch overheating.
Schedule Transmission Service
Visit Rove-N-Techs, in Scottsdale if you notice any of the above signs you need to change your transmission fluid. Our service center has a team of knowledgeable technicians. They are going to take good care of your transmission by examining your fluid levels, flushing out old fluid, and giving it a new supply.
Drivers in Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona can always count on our team to help you get a smooth ride out of your Rover. Schedule service online should you need transmission service or repairs. If you have any questions concerning your transmission or your maintenance routine, contact us or visit our shop.
Rov-N-Techs performs all factory recommended services on Land Rovers & Jaguars at affordable prices! Master Technicians, Joe Caraway and Kevin Curtis worked at Land Rover of North Scottsdale for 10 years before opening their own shop in 2006 under the name of “Rover Techs”. Now known as “Rov-N-Techs” Joe and Kevin offer over 35 years of combined Land Rover experience. Contact us today!