Jaguar Maintenance Every 5,000 Miles
- Check/adjust all fluids.
- Change the engine oil and filter.
- Clean and lubricate the power antenna.
- Lubricate door hinges and body fittings.
- Inspect HVAC system.
- Inspect all belts and hoses.
- Inspect underneath the vehicle visually.
- Check the tire tread depth.
- Rotate tires.
- Inspect windshield wipers.
- Check washer fluid.
- Inspect the lights and change bulbs, if necessary.
- Lastly, perform a final road test.
Jaguar Maintenance Every 15,000 Miles
- Replace spark plugs.
- Check and replace air filter, if needed.
- Clean the throttle plate.
- Check the belt adjustment.
- Lubricate all door locks.
- Inspect braking system.
- Grease wheel bearings.
Jaguar Maintenance Every 30,000 Miles
Lubricate the following:
- Brake pedal.
- Weather stripping.
- Accelerator linkage.
- Distributor advance mechanism.
Inspect the following:
- Exhaust system.
- Brake discs/rotors.
- Brake fluid levels.
- Brake pads.
- Brake hoses.
- Rear transmission mount spool.
- Battery, replacing it every four years.
- Door locks and hinges.
- Engine mounts.
- Fuel system.
- Exhaust system.
- Steering system.
- Wheel lug nuts and wheel alignment.
- Inside and outside lighting.
If needed, replace and adjust the following:
- Rear axle lube.
- Transmission fluid/filter.
- Power steering fluid.
- Front wheel bearings.
- Oxygen sensor (every 90,000 miles).
- Drive belt (every 60,000 miles or six years).
- Torque propeller shaft bolts.
How Much Does Jaguar Maintenance Cost?
According to RepairPal, the average annual cost of Jaguar maintenance is $1,123. All repair and maintenance costs will vary based on several factors, including mileage, age, location and service provider.
Here is a breakdown of typical Jaguar repair costs by model:
- Jaguar X-Type – Oil Change: $146-$159
- Jaguar X-Type – Clutch Replacement: $2,611-$3,102
- Jaguar XJ6 – Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement: $872-$1,551
- Jaguar XJS – Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement: $137-$159
- Jaguar XJS – Coolant Leak Diagnosis: $59-$75
- Jaguar XJR – Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement: $451-$525
- Jaguar XKR – Oxygen Sensor Test: $48-$60
- Jaguar Super V8 – Spark Plug Replacement: $238-$336
*All prices according to RepairPal. Contact Rov-N-Techs today for a quote!
Rov-N-Techs performs all factory recommended services on Land Rovers & Jaguars at affordable prices! Master Technicians, Joe Caraway and Kevin Curtis worked at Land Rover of North Scottsdale for 10 years before opening their own shop in 2006 under the name of “Rover Techs”. Now known as “Rov-N-Techs” Joe and Kevin offer over 35 years of combined Land Rover experience. Contact us today!